SEMESTER INDIA PROGRAM
KIIT University, Odisha
Developing Global Citizens through International Education and Research.
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University
KIIT University is a co-educational, autonomous University located in Bhubaneswar, capital of Odisha on the Eastern coast of India. KIIT was established by Dr. Achyuta Samanta in 1992 as a way of supporting Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) which is today the largest residential institute for the tribal in the world, providing accommodation, food, health care, education from Kindergarten to Post Graduation, vocational training and all other basic amenities of life absolutely free with a job after completion of education. KIIT University is a multi-disciplinary University with unprecedented achievements. It continually receives high rankings from the national and international education associations, institutes and the media. Being a part of this highly acclaimed institution will make a mark not only on all students’ academic, but on their Indian experience as a whole.
General information & Quick Facts
Rankings and Awards
- Conferred Category ‘A’ status by Ministry of Higher Education, Government of India in 2014
- Awarded Consortium of Co-Chairpersons- Industry (CCI) Technology Education Excellency Awards 2014 as the best University - promoting Research Development
- Awarded two Consortium of Co-Chairpersons- Industry (CCI) Technology Education Excellency Awards 2013 under the categories of best University in promoting Research Development , Relevant to the needs of the Society and Best University in Learned Publication in Higher Impact Journals in top tier Conferences
- Awarded National Odisha Education Summit 2014 award for Best Technical Education Institute and Best Innovative University
- Accredited with the A grade and CGPA of 3.36 out of 4.0 (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
- KIIT is ranked among the top 5 private universities of India (The Pioneer).
- The youngest institute to reach a university status in India (Limca Book of World Records).
- 4th best university in Eastern India (Times of India).
- 5th best university among self-financing institutions (Times of India).
- 16th best university in all of India (Times of India).
- Among India's Top 15 Engineering Institutions (Dalal Street Journal).
- Accreditation for Undergraduate Engineering programmes by National Board of Accreditation - India, which is a permanent signatory member of Washington Accord, is in progress
Hosted many national and International Events like the 99th National Science Congress, International conference on Angiogenesis, International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology, International conference on industrial mathematics & scientific computing, Eurasian Silk Road Universities Consortium.
KIIT University: Schools and Departments
KIIT University is one of the largest universities in India, It offers a comprehensive undergraduate curriculum with a world view perspective and a variety of research based graduate programs through the doctoral level. The schools, departments and degrees offered at KIIT University are as follows:
KIIT Schools and Departments
Engineering & Technology:
Performing & Visual Arts:
|Architecture||Law & International Law|
B.Tech, B.E, B.C.A, L.L.B, M.B.B.S, B.D.S,B.Sc., BA, B.COM, BBA
M.Tech. MCA, MBA,L.L.M, MD, MDS,M.Sc., M.A, M.COM PhD
KIIT Group of Institutions has sprawling wi-fi campuses named after famous rivers in India. From Krishna to Kaveri and from Kharasrota to Kathajodi (names of the campuses), buildings in a variety of architectural styles have been designed to blend harmoniously into the 500 acres manicured landscape. Students from all over India and around the world stride the lively, green campus of KIIT. The eco-friendly emphasis can be seen everywhere in the campus ensuing aesthetic academic ambience. KIIT also has an International Cell ‘KIIT Global’ which provides guidance to international students.
Campus features & facilities:
- Air Conditioned buildings
- Air conditioned multimedia classrooms
- State of Art modern well equipped laboratories and Research Labs
- Centers of Excellences in collaboration with industry
- 24x7 central library
- Central Convention Centre Complex housing an Auditorium having a seating capacity of 1600
- 18 Conference Halls and Banquet Hall,20 Open Air Theatres (OATs)
- Individual Canteens attached to each hostel as well as availability of cafeterias in the campus
- Buses and shuttle service for transportation of Students/Staffs
- Round the clock medical care provided by a 1300 bedded super specialty hospital
- 24 x7 E- surveillance facility
- Well-equipped Health Club
- Gymnasium and swimming pool
- Indoor Stadium with all facilities
- Outdoor Stadium sprawling over 29 acres
- 6 Guest Houses
- Railway Reservation counter, Post office and Police Station on campus
- Banks & ATMs of leading banks
- Restaurants, Cake Shops, Pizza Corners and Coffee shops in and around the campus.
- Shopping malls and grocery shops close to the campus.
Accommodation: IISAC students stay in KIIT’s designated International Hostel. This is a place where students from all over the world reside and work together at the university. Other international students from around the world study and live on campus.
- Students share double occupancy air-conditioned room.
- Hostel includes a fully equipped kitchen.
- 24x7 Wi-Fi connectivity
- 24x7 reading room facility
- Facility for indoor games and television for entertainment
Food: All the hostels have attached canteens serving good quality Indian and Continental foods to all students. With numerous markets and grocery stores in the area, students are free to enjoy the delicious Indian cuisine any way they would like. Also, Western foods and ready to make packets are available in supermarkets and many surrounding restaurants.